When you decide to buy one of cheap greenhouses, there are so many possibilities. Greenhouse gardening may be brand new for you and you might want to start with something small and inexpensive. Perhaps you already have a beginner greenhouse and you are ready to invest in something more substantial. Whatever the goal, you should take thoughtful consideration before you decide to purchase one of a cheap greenhouses. You may be asking yourself, with so many hobby greenhouse kits to choose from, how to select a greenhouse kit? This article will highlight some important features to consider during your quest for a cheap greenhouse, and help you select the greenhouse kit for your plants and your lifestyle.
CHEAP GREENHOUSES REVIEWS
Ohuhu Cheap Greenhouses - 4 Tier Rack Stands Portable Garden Greenhouse
- Create the right space for your plants: This portable greenhouse creates the perfect conditions for growing starting seedlings, young plants and flowers, and helps to extend plant growing seasons.
- Large Space: Constructed with 4 steel wire shelves measuring 27” (L) x 18“(W) x 62“(H), which makes space for all your blooming flowers, sprouting plants and fresh vegetables.
- Rock-solid Stability: Structured with heavy-duty steel tubes for extended durability, supported with a 23.4lb weight capacity, so it is strong enough to hold seed trays, pots and plants growth light.
- Beautify your garden: Designed with zippered roll-up door for easy access and screened ventilation for optimum air circulation. Giving your patios, balconies, decks and gardens a touch of green, without any fuss.
- Easy Movement and Assembly: All parts are detachable, so you can set it up wherever you want to, and move it when the seasons shift. No tools required.
Recommended Price: $34.99
The Ohuhu Greenhouse is designed to create the best environment for your plants to grow healthily, provide protection against rough weather conditions like rain, wind, and snow, and lets you exercise your green fingers in any place and any season.
It is structured with durable rust-resistant steel tubes that will make portable last through the seasons. Measuring 27” (L) x 18“(W) x 62“(H), this greenhouse with 4 shelves allows you to display your adorable small plants, gardening tools and pots in all its green glory, with ample room to store all of your gardening supplies or plants. It is also designed with zippered roll-up door for easy access and screened ventilation for optimum air circulation. Ideal for starting seedlings, protecting young plants and for extending the plant growing season.
Customer Reviews Analysis
- Perfect for smaller space
- Great quality for the price
- Easy to assemble
- Good for winter so that the wind won’t blow on plants
- Shelves are not very sturdy
Sundale Outdoor Patio Garden Cheap Greenhouses
- Ideal for your backyards or homes; place on a deck, patio, or balcony, space-saving
- 2 Tiers 4 shelves can hold enough plants, gardening tools, etc
- Roll-Up zippered door makes it easy to get inside or close the greenhouse
- Strong push-fit tubular steel frame and PE cover assembled in minutes without any tools
- Product dimensions: 56.5"(L) x 29"(W) x 75.5"(H)
Recommended Price: $54.99
Time to have an early start for your seeds, seedlings, and young plants in this compact greenhouse. Ideal for backyards or homes where space is not sufficient; place on a deck, patio, or balcony. Construction and materials in quality to long last through seasons. Strong powder-coated tubular steel frame with simple push-fit assembly that requires no tools.The PE cover and roll-up zippered door for easy access and close.
No matter where you live, this portable greenhouse will definitely prolong your plant growth season. It can be easily set up. Powder-coated steel framework and the middle column provide additional stability to the greenhouse.
Customer Reviews Analysis
- Easy to assemble
- Light weight
- Absence of the window vent
- Unclear instructions
- Shelves are not very strudy
Best Choice Products - 2-Tier 8 Shelves Mini Walk-In Cheap Greenhouses
- Overall Dimensions: 57.5”(L) x 56“(W) x 76“(H); Weight Capacity Per shelf: 33 lbs.
- Walk-in greenhouse is perfect item to carry your plant-growing season into the next season and continue to easily manage your plants
- Constructed with 8 wired shelves – 4 on each side – to allow more than enough room for plant storage
- Ideal for giving seedlings and young plants an early start, plant protection, and ensuring improved growth
- Designed with zippered roll-up door for easy access, rust-resistant tubes for extended durability, and screened ventilation for optimum air circulation
Recommended Price: $96.94
Best Choice Products presents the new Portable Mini Walk-In Greenhouse. This walk-in greenhouse is the perfect item to carry your plant-growing season into the next season and continue to easily manage your plants. Flowers placed in this greenhouse can take advantage of a variety of weather conditions without being damaged. This greenhouse is constructed with 8 wired shelves – 4 on each side – to allow more than enough room for plant storage. It is ideal for giving seedlings and young plants an early start, plant protection, and ensuring improved growth. This greenhouse is also designed with zippered roll-up door for easy access, rust-resistant tubes for extended durability, and screened ventilation for optimum air circulation. Grow your plants in a healthy environment year-round with the Portable Mini Walk-In Greenhouse by Best Choice Products!
Customer Reviews Analysis
- Plenty of space inside
- Zippers are firmly attached
- No written instructions, only the vague diagram
Quictent Updated Super Large Cheap Greenhouse With Zipper Doors (Editors Choice)
- Heavy-duty powder coated steel framework + UV protected, Waterproof, Reinforced, Transparent PE cover (with ropes let cover and frame combined better).
- 2 doors can be completely opened and rolled up with ropes, makes bigger operating space & better ventilation
- Easy to set up and pretty stable
- ISO 9001:2000 standard certified manufacturer
- Overlong cover design makes greenhouse more airtighted and secure, just bury it in the soil, easy way but useful.
- Keep the ground nice and warm - 2 Door with 4 zippers let the greenhouse can be completely closed to keep warm
- Dimensions: 71"WX 36"D X 36"H, Big enough to work for good sized plant pot & seed bed.
- Can be used both indoors & outdoors.
Recommended Price: $39.99
This Mini Greenhouse offers the perfect solution for those smaller gardens that cannot accommodate a conventional greenhouse. It can protect your plants from too much heat or cold, shield plants from dust and gale, and help to keep out PESTS. It has a strong powder coated steel frame and Transparent PVC cover with zips for easy access and ventilation. Easy to set up.
Customer Reviews Analysis
- Amazing value
- Easy to assemble
- Perfect customer service
- Weak against the strong wind
AHOME Cheap Geenhouses - Mini Pop-Up Greenhouse
- Greenhosue size: 27"x27"x31"inches
- Package size:13.7'*13.7"*2" inches
- Packag weight: 2.5LB
- Material: Clear PVC Features:
- Portable pop up greenhouse
- Easy and qucik install
- This small vegetable garden plant greenhouses cover can be set up in seconds and great for either indoor or outdoor growing
Recommended Price: $21.99
This portable pop up greenhouse cover is perfect for extending your growing season and protecting your plants. The mini greenhouse promotes and maintains high humidity levels to create a superior growing environment. It's can protects plants from bad weather, frost and fierce Ohio wind. Keep it warmer. The pop up design make Greenhouse set up easily, set up and fold in seconds. It is made from the excellet clear PVC, each greenhouse cover came with four steel ground tack that can make it very stable not moved easily. There is a zipper window, you can open it in the warm day.
Customer Reviews Analysis
- Easy to set up
- No assembly required
- Good quality for the money
- Instructions are in Japanese
7 BUYING TIPS FOR CHEAP GREENHOUSES
1. Look for cheap greenhouses that provide the right amount of light for your plants
Everyone knows that sunlight is important for plant growth. It may surprise you to know, however, that natural sunlight is not the best light for plants. In fact, direct light may even damage plants. The same harsh rays that cause sunburns in people also can burn your favorite foliage. Studies show that diffused light, the same light provided by Solexx greenhouse panels, is the best light for growing. Growth rates increase 20 to 30 percent under diffused light when compared to plants grown under more direct light.
Diffused light reaches your plants from all angles and produces fewer shade spots. That means plants don’t have to strain to reach towards available light. As a result, the plants develop healthy, compact growth in your greenhouse.
Light diffusion of greenhouse coverings differs greatly. Glass and most single-walled greenhouse covering materials provide minimal, if any, diffusion. Polycarbonate greenhouse covering provides more diffusion than glass, but far less than Solexx. Solexx greenhouse panels provide the best diffused light available. Even on a cloudy day, a Solexx greenhouse is bright inside. Unlike other greenhouse covering materials, Solexx greenhouse covering reflects the light throughout the entire greenhouse structure.
Too much light causes excessive heat in the greenhouse. As a consequence, plants waste energy through transpiration, much like sweating. This stresses plants and reduces photosynthetic rates. More plants actually die in a greenhouse from overheating than from the cold.
You wouldn’t send your children or grandchildren outside to play without sunscreen, and you wouldn’t lock them inside a hot car. Treat your plants with the same care and give them the healthiest start you can. Using Solexx greenhouse panels is the best way to protect your plants.
2. Find cheap greenhouses with features that will extend your growing season
A good greenhouse should allow you to grow throughout the entire year. In order to do this, select a greenhouse that is well-insulated and has adequate ventilation. The greenhouse covering should hold heat in your greenhouse, naturally keeping it warm when cold weather hits and allowing you to heat your greenhouse inexpensively if desired. In warmer months, it's important to keep your greenhouse cool. A greenhouse design that allows you to add exhaust fans, additional base vents and solar powered louvers is important to prevent your greenhouse from overheating in the spring and summer months. Light diffusion also keeps temperatures down. Solexx greenhouses are excellent in the cold and in the heat, allowing you to enjoy your favorite hobby all year.
3. Select cheap greenhouses that can be modified
Greenhouse gardening is addictive! As your greenhouse hobby develops, it is likely that your needs will change as you discover the many ways that you can fully utilize your greenhouse. A good greenhouse should offer versatility and be customizable to fit your own desires as well as your climate. Whether it is adding extra accessories to enhance productivity in your greenhouse or adding an extension kit to give you even more growing space, when you select a greenhouse make sure you can customize it easily. With the right greenhouse, you can grow everything from succulents to tropicals and herbs to flowers – in the same greenhouse!
4. Choose cheap greenhouses with strength and durability
A good greenhouse should be able to stand up to daily living and harsh weather without any problems. Falling tree branches, rocks thrown from lawn mowers and stray baseballs can all be hazards to greenhouses. Severe weather such as wind, snow and hail can also pose a challenge to greenhouses with poor construction.
Look for greenhouses with low-maintenance frames. Ideally, you should have something that is easy to clean, such as the strong composite frame found on Solexx greenhouses. This ensures that you can wipe out any disease or pests that enter your greenhouse.
The greenhouse paneling should be equally durable. It should be scratch-resistant and also offer excellent impact strength. If you live in an area with lots of snow or other harsh weather, it’s important that the greenhouse covering be strong enough to support the extra weight.
5. Ask about the cheap greenhouse's ultra-violet protection
Your greenhouse should be hassle-free. That means that you shouldn’t waste your time recovering the greenhouse time after time. Greenhouses have to stand up to the harsh direct sun, so they should be designed to last. For maximum life expectancy, the greenhouse framework and glazing should be UV-treated. Look for greenhouse that are UV-certified. Also check warranty periods and find out how much it would cost to buy replacement parts.
6. Find cheap greenhouses with room to grow
Your perfect greenhouse should fit both your available space and your plants. When choosing a greenhouse kit, keep in mind that no matter what size greenhouse you buy now, you will likely fill it up within a year. You will want to make sure that you start out with plenty of growing room.
The size of the greenhouse you need is dependent upon the available growing space as well. With Solexx greenhouses, built-in bench frames allow you to get the maximum use of your space. Hanging rods are another important feature, allowing you room to winter over all of your beautiful hanging baskets.
7. Select cheap greenhouses that is easy to maintain
Cleaning and maintaining your greenhouse should be simple. Look for greenhouse materials, that do not scratch, mold or mildew, or water etch. Also, remember that some greenhouse coverings have a UV coating on the outside and you have to be careful not to damage the outer coating. Find out what is involved in upkeep of the greenhouse. You want to have your greenhouse for many years, so make sure it will keep looking good and working good for years to come.
Performance is the most important factor to consider when purchasing cheap greenhouse. Your greenhouse should make growing your favorite plants as easy as possible and give you outstanding results. Whether you’re looking to simply start some plants in the spring or if you want to heat your greenhouse for year-round growing, you should carefully select a greenhouse that will perform well in your situation. With so many choices in greenhouses today it can be difficult to find the greenhouse that is truly ideal for your personal needs. When you understand what makes a greenhouse perform well, you can be sure that you will get the results you expect.
You May Also Find Interesting Next Pages On Our Website: